Saturday, January 22, 2011

The road trip.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take a road trip with my newly acquired license and go to the midwest for the weekend. My parents surprisingly let me go, giving me a couple hundred dollars. They said the whole experience would build character, but that I would have to be back by Sunday evening in one piece.

I left, and I didn't even make it to the end of Pennsylvania before turning around and going back home. It was a very interesting trip to say the least. Everything started out fine, the music was loud, my gas tank was full, and I was in a good mood. About an hour later, I stumbled upon a stranded driver, and I thought I'd help her get back on the road. I pulled over, and it turned out she only needed a jump. I got out my cables and did it. But, as she turned the car on, the sparks from the engine burned my hand causing me to fall back.

She apologized with a fury, I accepted, and she went on her way, but I had to drive the rest of the way in pain. Then, I skipped the last gas station for 60 more miles. My tank ran out, and I was stranded in god know's where for almost two hours until someone stopped and towed my car back to the gas station. It was at this point that I realized what a horrible idea this was. I tried one more time to keep going but ended up hitting a raccoon head on. I turned around almost immediately and fell into my bed when I got home. I've learned many things during this short-lived trip, but one thing that stood out was, I'm not a road trip person.

No comments:

Post a Comment